American Falls fish hatchery
The CCC and WPA were involved in the creation of a fish hatchery at American Falls in 1934. From the Idaho Museum of Natural History: “The Hatchery was built circa 1934 in a cooperative effort by the State of Idaho and the Civilian Conservation Corps, a federal program; and is maintained by the State of Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Three full time employees live year round at the hatchery providing 24 hour on call services to prevent fatal catastrophes. Both state and private sources provide funding via fishing license revenues and donations. This module provides information about the history, physical layout, infrastructure, and the scientific methods behind rearing fish at the American Falls Hatchery.”
Idaho Museum of Natural History National Archives Record Group 69N, Negative #7513
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on October 23, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE