Former Firehouse in MasonPhoto: Eveline Evans, © All Rights Reserved, 02/06/2016
The Works Progress Administration built a fire station in Mason, circa 1939.
Rubble Masonry Building with brick trim. One large three truck room. 1 equipment room. 1 shower room. 2 rest rooms. Upstairs 4 rooms, 1 rest room. Building has a reinforced concrete foundation and concrete floors.
This building is now Mason County Law Enforcement Center. It sits on the corner of the Mason County Courthouse lawn.
National Archives and Records Administration digitized by the Historic Sites and Structures Program, Texas State Parks (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department):(https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157666820831125/with/25657046783/), accessed April 19, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on April 19, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE