Fire Station #6, Topeka, KS
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) built Fire Station 7 in Topeka KS.
“This station was constructed in 1935 through Works Progress Administration to service the growing Oakland neighborhood, and the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad yards, located just a few blocks to the west and south.”
“On October 2, 2020, the National Parks Service considered the nomination of Fire Station No. 6, and officially listed the building on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). The Kansas Historic Sites Board of Review (KHBR) officially approved this nomination on August 1, 2020 for inclusion of the Register of Historic Kansas Places.”
Project originally submitted by Barbara Pendleton on June 25, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE