Concrete water regulatorFire pond concrete water regulator
According to the 1934 town report, the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) was involved in “Constructing a dam back of the Grange Hall [Victor Grange #49] at Fairfield Center, to make an auxiliary water supply for the fire department.”
During a site visit, an older gentleman at the grange hall did remember a fire pond in the back, before the current highway 139 was built in the 1960s. Further investigation at the site revealed the concrete pipe that regulated the water in the pond.
Annual Report of the Town of Fairfield by the Municipal Officers.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on September 10, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE