The Firehouse in the newspaper article below still stands, and is in fact the current Llano City Hall.
Excerpt from The Llano News, 05 Dec 1940:
“Specifications for the building were prepared by W. A. Burton, Llano architect and engineer.
The building is a two- story of rock-face ashlar construction. The ground floor provided space for four fire trucks, a dressing room and bath for the firemen and a large office which served as a meeting place for the city council and the city’s business. Upstairs there was a large combined assembly room and recreational hall for the members of the Llano Volunteer Fire Depart merit as well as living quarters.
Under the NYA set-up, the city will provided all materials and the National Youth Administration all labor, both skilled and unskilled. Mill work for the structure was done at the NYA shops at Inks lake.”
Llano Fire House, retrieved at https://www.newspapers.com/clip/22437937/llano_fire/
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on October 18, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE