The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed the branch fire station at the western corner at Avenue A and W. 16th St. The building, which, as of 2015, houses Engine Company 4 and Rescue Squad 1, has been in use since 1940.
Financial and Administrative Survey of Bayonne, 1940, Vol. 2.; Table 62 (page 416). Found at the Bayonne Public Library: Reference Room.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 5, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE