In 1941 W.P.A. labor undertook the following work in Framingham, according to the town’s Annual Report:
Improvements to Fire Alarm System and Cable
Underground conduits and cable for the fire alarm system were laid from the Central Fire Station to Waverley [sic] Street to connect with the underground system already installed at that point, thus doing away with the necessity for poles to carry the fire alarm system overhead any longer. The Fire Alarm Whistle, formerly located at the old water pumping station at Linden Street, was moved to the Central Fire Station and installed in the tower of the same. A new compressor and two air tanks for operating the same were also installed. Several miles of old overhead fire alarm iron wires were replaced with new copper wire.
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1934 (pg. 243-4).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 9, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE