Ferdinand State Forest Lake Ferdinand
Approx. 40-acre lake impounded by earth dam. A combined Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) and Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) project. Lake intended in part as water supply for a fish hatchery below the dam. CCC Co. 1513 occupied the camp in the new state forest in May 1934.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Outdoor Indiana 1934-1942; Department of Conservation Annual Reports 1934-1942
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 15, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE