Anniston AL Post Office and Courthouse ExtensionThe recently-extended then-U.S. Court House and Post Office, 1935. Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 1, Folder D
This Beaux-Arts building was originally completed as the U.S. Court House and Post Office in 1906. James A. Wetmore supervised a New Deal extension of the building that was completed in 1934.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 13, 1976.
The building no longer houses postal operations.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 2, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE