The old Fargo Arena was a short-lived recreation facility. Located at Island Park, it has been largely dismantled, though its shell remains. The facility was constructed in the northwest corner of the park, near the park’s present-day pool. A 1939 WPA plaque is visible on the old shell today.
“The arena was a W.P.A. project built in 193[8-9]. The original structure was dismantled and reassembled at Hector Airport in December 1943, where it served as an airplane hanger. The concrete front of the building was preserved at the original location.”
http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/uw/id/5207 http://digitalhorizonsonline.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/uw-ndshs/id/2206 http://mercurytheatre.areavoices.com/2014/01/27/the-original-fargodome/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 23, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE