Picnic Table (only one left, rest replaced by newer ones) Falls County Roadside Park - Marlin TX
Federal funds supported the construction of the Falls County Roadside Park in Marlin TX, on highway No. 6, south of Big Creek. They most likely came from the Bureau of Public Roads to the Texas Highway Department, but that needs to be verified.
“Shrubs, ornamental bushes and flowers will be placed along the highway for almost a quarter of a mile in the vicinity of the park, according to present plans. The park is being put in by the highway department with funds allotted by the federal government. The ground for the park was donated by J. G Bargnier, owner of the land adjoining, it is understood. These roadside parks are put in by the state highway department in many counties where suitable ground can be obtained, and some local authority or organization sponsoring the project.” The Waco News-Tribune 1936.
The Waco News-Tribune, Waco, Texas, 04 Jun 1936, (https://www.newspapers.com/clip/45414842/falls_county_roadside_park/), accessed February 2020.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on February 22, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE