Fall River Guard Station
Cabin housed CCC wild-land firefighters.
“Fall River Guard Station is situated beneath a canopy of lodgepole pine on the banks of the Fall River in Deschutes National Forest. Built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930’s, the cabin was originally used as an outpost to fight forest fires. The cabin is an ideal setting for relaxation and recreation, and is available for reservation from April to October.”
Historical marker outside the cabin.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE