In 1935-36 the WPA worked on reconstruction and renovation of the historic 1794 Fairfield Town Hall building, including the addition of wings to both sides of building; basement improvements and utility upgrades; a new cupola to replace an older cupola that had been demolished; and the construction of a circular terrace at the rear of the building.
The building presently houses an example of New Deal artwork, relocated from the former Fairfield main post office.
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 6, Folder 211-A. https://historicbuildingsct.com/?p=4621
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on August 3, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE