F. Edward Hebert Federal Building
The F. Edward Hebert Federal Building was built from 1935 to 1939 and is still in use. At the time it was built, the Treasury Department was responsible for all federal buildings. Formerly home to the New Orleans Main Post Office, the building still houses a post office station inside. It is decorated by three groups of New Deal era sculptures on the exterior. The state of the interior of the building is unknown to us.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish and Adrian Seward on April 19, 2014.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE