Eupora Community House front entrance
The stone veneer facade, one-story stone and brick Community House was constructed with Work Progress Administration funding in 1938. One room of the Community House was designated for a library in 1966. The first known library in the county was established in the courthouse through the federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) during the Great Depression but was in existence only eight months.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Preziosi, D. (n.d., but form filed 2011). Nomination form, National Register of Historic Places. Tombigbee Regional Library System.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on October 26, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE