The Works Progress Administration worked to beautify Cleveland’s Erie Street Cemetery during the Great Depression.
The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History: “Complaints of neglect inspired WPA action, including erecting a fence fashioned from the demolished Superior Ave. viaduct’s sandstone. In 1940 the refurbished cemetery of historic graves, including that of Sauk Chief , was rededicated.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 14, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE