Eisenhower Executive Office Building - Washington DC
In 1933, the Washington Post reported the appropriation of $2,000 for unspecified repairs and $5,000 for removing old chimneys to the former State, War, and Navy Building – now known as the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
The 1888 building was supplanted by a new War Department building in 1941, which the War Department quickly left to occupy The Pentagon. That building passed to the State Department and is still part of the Truman State Department complex.
“District gets $325,000 fund for building,” Washington Post, September 8, 1933, p. 22
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on March 19, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE