Edgell Memorial Library
In 1935 F.E.R.A./W.P.A. labor painted Framingham’s Edgell Library, and conducted plaster repair and woodwork varnishing. “On the outside the doors, sash, and some of the stone masonry were painted, and the rain water conductors were replaced or repaired.”
The W.P.A. continued work in 1936; “the building has been entirely rewired, modern control replacing obsolete methods, and many lights installed where there had not been any.”
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1935 (pg. 329). Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1936 (pp. 117, 324).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 2, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE