East Side Elementary
Project type: Education and Health, Schools
Agency: Public Works Administration (PWA), Works Progress Administration (WPA), Public Works Funding, Unknown, Work Relief Programs
Designers: Lee R. Cooke
Site Survival: No Longer ExtantView Project in a Separate Window
The PWA built this six-classroom elementary school in 1937 (docket #1093-RD). It remained in use until 1997, when it was demolished. The site is now East Side Park. Note: the Nampa School District history linked below indicates that the WPA built the school, while the record is found in the PWA archives with a docket listed.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Nampa School District 131 History National Archives Record Group 135 Google Earth Pro historical satellite imagery
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on October 29, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE