Duncan Public Library
This WPA building was originally constructed as the general Duncan Public Library. It now houses the Stephens County Genealogical Society Library.
“This one-story buff brick building, located at 301 N. 8th Street, was constructed by the WPA, as were several local school buildings. A bronze plaque at the entrance show it was constructed in 1937, however, the NRHP nomination form shows 1939. The Colonial Revival style was used, in lieu of the typical native stone construction. The architect was Kenneth T. Price…
he building was placed on the National Register in 1999 (#99001427).” (http://www.waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE