The town’s annual report from 1934 reports that: “The Federal Emergency Relief Administration aided greatly in improving our school buildings and grounds… The Duck Cove building was painted inside and outside and the roof shingled.”
The Duck Cove school building still stands: “Built in 1895, this wood frame one-room schoolhouse served as a school until 1943, and [has] been owned by a local community organization since. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993… It was transferred to the Duck Cove Community Club [in 1943], which has maintained it and used it has a clubhouse since then.” (Wikipedia)
Annual Reports of the Town Officers of Bucksport, Maine.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on January 2, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE