The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) put men to work beginning in 1935 on an improvement project at the city-owned Dubois Avenue Yard. A $125,473 project involved the construction of two extensions to garage buildings at the then-Highway Department facility: one 100′ x 50′ and the other 63′ x 50′. A $84,000 project entailed “building repair and alterations” at the facility. The site (albeit with newer construction) is still in use by New York City’s Department of Transportation.
National Archives RG 69: Records of the Work Projects Administration [WPA]; Project Files; New York City (E 407); box 684; roll 3643; Official Project No. 65-97-46.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 6, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE