One of the few Art Deco style dwellings in the county, it was constructed with Public Works Administration (PWA) funds between 1938 and 1939, of a limestone foundation and walls. It features banded corner windows, offset entry flanking louvered windows rear entry and attached one car garage with walkout porch atop. Incredible limestone curved/carved fireplace surround and mantel.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory; Knox Co Interim Report (p.52, #013).
Project originally submitted by Indiana DNR, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology on September 1, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE