Also known as Stone Shelter, the Devou Park shelter house was constructed by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.), as part of a $97,251 grant to the city for park improvements. The shelter house, constructed of native fieldstone and containing a large fireplace, was ready for use by spring 1939.”
"The Encyclopedia of Northern Kentucky," edited by Paul A. Tenkotte, James C. Claypool (pg. 267) http://books.google.com/books?id=Zc0eBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA420
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 15, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE