Description[National Bridge Inventory] Bridge No. 1605 in Connecticut is one of three bridges constructed in 1937 to carry Hopyard Road [State Road 434] over varying brooks within Devil’s Hopyard State Park in East Haddam. They were built as part of a Federal Works Progress Administration project. The bridges were each added to the National Register of Historic Places, and Bridge No. 1605 bears NRHP reference number 93000643.
Bridge No. 1605 is a stone arch bridge located on SSR 434: 7.32 miles east of the route’s western terminus at Route 82. It crosses Muddy Brook [possibly also known as Dawn’s Brook]. The structure was rehabilitated in 1988.
http://nationalbridges.com/ http://bridgehunter.com/ct/middlesex/1605/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historic_Bridges_of_Devil%27s_Hopyard_State_Park
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 9, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE