The 1939 PWA library constructed at Delta State Teachers College (now Delta State University) was designed in an Italian Renaissance/Mediterranean style. It was used as the library until 1968, and has been used as the Fielding Wright Art Center since then. A rear addition was added in 1954, another addition in 1970, and the building was renovated in 1978.
Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Historic Resources Inventory database. "(Old) Library [Fielding Wright Art Center]." Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=facts Gunn, J. W., & Castle, G. C. (1980). A Pictorial History of Delta State University. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 9, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE