The Delta State Teachers College (now Delta State University) “…did add to its physical plant with the completion in 1936 of an outdoor swimming pool with $20,000 from the Works Progress Administration” (Gunn & Castle, 1980, p. 45). The pool opened in May, 1936 for the senior class party. The pool was eventually demolished, and the site remodeled into a natatorium.
Gunn, J. W., & Castle, G. C. (1980). A Pictorial History of Delta State University. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE