The annex to the Hill Demonstration School was constructed with funds from the WPA. The building was dedicated in 1939 and named for the director of the demonstration school. The Art Moderne building was designed by campus engineer J. S. Sigler, and was demolished in 1974.
Gunn J. W., & Castle, G. C. (1980). A Pictorial History of Delta State University. Jackson, MS: University of Mississippi Press. Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Historic Resources Inventory. "Doolittle Building." Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on March 9, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE