CCC House_3Original caption reads: "Combination Building, east façade (right) and south elevation (left), camera facing northwest." Source: National Register of Historic Places Registration Form, May 20, 2016.
Dells of the Eau Claire County Park has significant New Deal resources in the areas of recreation, conservation, landscape architecture, and architecture thanks to the work of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). Between 1935 and 1942, the CCC greatly enhanced the park as it designated and constructed the north park entrance; constructed two small trail-side shelters, a set of stone steps, a stone stairway, a foot bridge, a pumphouse, an overlook, and the Combination Building. These resources are still extant and contribute to the historic character and significance of the park. The CCC also designated parking areas with massive boulders; erected carved signs for information and directional purposes; planted trees in open areas; and erected tables, benches and fireplaces in picnic areas. Of these designated features, the signs, boulders, and trees are still extant. The fireplace is located in the Combination Building.
Project originally submitted by Drew Hanson on October 25, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE