Davis Central Park WPA PlaqueThis plaque is on the south side of the Central Park bathrooms at 5th and C.
“Construction of Davis’s first public park in 1937 was importantly funded by the WPA. Of the $13,128 total cost, the WPA contributed $8,355, leaving $4,773 for the city.”
– Davis: Radical Changes, Deep Constants
The WPA constructed a public restrooms in the northeast corner of the park. “It was built in 1937 as a WPA project and was the first public restroom in Davis. It is also the only WPA building in the City of Davis, lending it additional historical significance. ”
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
John Lofland. Davis: Radical Changes, Deep Constants. Arcadia Publishing. 2004: 111. http://www.yolo.net/ychs/publications/newDeal.html http://daviswiki.org/WPA_Building
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE