Curtis Field Hauling Excavated DirtSource: Historic Sites and Structures Program, Texas State Parks (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department).
The Works Progress Administration provided labor for the construction of Curtis Field between 1940 and 1941 under project number 165-1-66-325. The City of Brady and McCulloch County provided equipment for leveling and grading.
In 1942, the facility was taken over by the United States Army Air Forces and was used during World War II as a pilot training airfield.
The City of Brady currently owns the airport and operates it as a general aviation facility.
"Curtis Field Contributed Much to Brady's Progress," Brady Herald, September 12, 1972.(https://newspaperarchive.com/sandra-broughton-other-articles-clipping-sep-12-1972-408684/), accessed March 18, 2018.
Period Photographs digitized by the Historic Sites and Structures Program, Texas State Parks (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department): (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/with/26168408162/), accessed March 18, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on March 18, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE