Cunningham Falls State Park CCC Pavilion
The land that is now Cunningham Falls State Park used to be part of the Catoctin Recreational Demonstration Area (now called “Catoctin Mountain Park”). The land was turned over to Maryland in 1954. The land was originally worked and developed as a New Deal project, by the WPA & CCC.
Today, visitors to Cunningham Falls State Park can enjoy swimming, hiking, picnicking, boating, hunting, fishing, and camping.
(1) Maryland Department of Natural Resources for Cunningham Falls State Park, http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/cunningham.asp, last visited September 13, 2012. (2) “Maryland’s Forests and Parks,” by Robert F. Bailey (on behalf of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources), Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing, 2006.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on September 15, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE