The Crossett Experimental Forest Building #2Source: National Register of Historic Places
This structure was built in 1939 by members of the 768th company of the Arkansas Civilian Conservation Corp. It was designed to be a garage and vehicular maintenance building for use by the members of the Forest Rangers.
It is a one and a half story rectangular log built structure with four garage door type opening for vehicle maintenance. It is still in excellent condition today and still serves its original function, even though it is on the registry of historical locations in Arkansas.
The structure was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
National Register of Historic Places: (http://www.arkansaspreservation.com/National-Register-Listings/PDF/as0080.nr.pdf), accessed December 2019.
Project originally submitted by Derek Shrum on December 8, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE