Cranford High School
In the mid 1930s the new Cranford High School building was constructed with assistance from the Federal Public Works Administration (PWA). In their photographic history of Cranford, New Jersey, Robert Fridlington and Lawrence Fuhro tell us that the high school building was dedicated on January 3, 1938. At the time, it was a six year school serving seventh through twelfth graders. In the words of Fridlington and Fuhro, “[t]he forty-nine-classroom building cost $850,000, nearly half the amount coming from the New Deal’s Public Works Administration.” (1996: 98)
Cranford, Volume II (1996), by Robert Fridlington and Lawrence Fuhro Wikipedia: Cranford High School
Project originally submitted by Walter Boright on July 25, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE