After constructing a road up to Mount Grant from Cottonwood Canyon, CCC Company 1915 faced “an even more difficult road building job [when] they connected the Cory Canyon Road at the Laphan Divide-Cottonwood roads. These roads were crucial. The town of Hawthorne and the then Naval Depot’s watershed depended on these men to make the road passable in order for the growing town to get fresh drinking water.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 14, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE