“Originally a dogsled trail, it was expanded to a service road and eventually became part of what today is the Sterling Highway (becoming Route 510 in 1957).”
Mead & Hunt, and Cultural Resource Consultants, LLC, Alaska Roads Historic Overview: Applied Historic Context of Alaska’s Roads, Prepared for Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, 2014, p. 67-68. (http://dnr.alaska.gov/Assets/uploads/DNRPublic/parks/oha/publications/akroadshistoricoverview.pdf)
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on May 24, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE