Pontotoc Community House, Front Entrance
The Tudor-style community house was constructed in 1935 by FERA. “A stone-veneered building with false half-timbered gables, very similar to the community houses in Grenada and Winona” (Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database Fact Sheet). The facility is currently available for community activities and is used frequently for committee meetings, weddings, funerals, and other local events. A committee formed in 1999 and was involved in restoration and renovation for a 10-year period (Elkins, 2009).
Elkins, C. (January 22, 2009). Community House gets new refrigerator. The Pontotoc Progress. Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 3, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE