Oak Lawn School District #273
This is a one-story native sandstone building with a gabled roof, built by the Federal Works Progress Administration in 1937. On both sides of the walls flanking the entrance, a concrete panel shows the stamped WPA shield. The concrete lintel for these doors is engraved “OAK LAWN DIST. 273”. This area may have contained more buildings in the past, but this classroom building is all that remains. This building is still in use as the local Community Center.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on June 25, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE