Chatham Community Center was constructed in 1935-6 with federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. The P.W.A. provided a $30,800 loan and $10,588 grant for the project, whose total cost was $41,395.
PWA Docket No. IL 9083
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 46.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 31, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE