Richmond Community Building
The PWA helped build this community building/city hall in Richmond. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
From the NRHP nomination: “Construction of the Richmond Community Building began April 1, 1936, and was completed and open for public use on October 6, 1937. Cost of the building was $45,000, of which $18,000 was furnished by a PWA grant. Five thousand dollars was raised through city taxes, and the balance was bonded for by the city.”
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on January 10, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE