Colleton County Courthouse in Walterboro, South Carolina was constructed in 1823 with additions constructed in 1936 and 1939.
Short and Stanley-Brown: “This [PWA] project consisted of additions to the courthouse and the construction of [a] two-story reinforced-concrete jail.”
Short and Stanley-Brown: Public buildings: a survey of architecture of projects constructed by federal and other governmental bodies between the years 1933 and 1939 with the assistance of the Public Works Administration (1939) (pg. 411)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 13, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE