In 1937 the Works Progress Administration (WPA) “completely paved and modernized” Denver’s Colfax Avenue, “and built a new western route which took it over the hill and across ranch land to the entrance of Mt. Vernon Canyon, its present route. Around this time Colfax was designated U.S. Highway 40.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 3, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE