Colden Fire HallNational Archives and Records Administration, Neg. 7749-D
This brick fire hall was constructed as Colden’s Fire Station #1 by the WPA:
“In the 1930’s plans were drawn for a new Station #1 to be located across the street from the hall of the time next to Cazenovia Creek. Near the end of the Great Depression Colden managed to have this hall built through the Works Progress Administration. This hall included one truck bay, a downstairs meeting room and an upstairs gymnasium that was used for basketball games, dances, and other social events. In the 1940’s two additional truck bays were built on the side of the original hall.” (www.coldenfire.org)
In the 1990s, the station was turned over to the town of Colden and now serves as a Senior Citizen and Community Center.
National Archives and Records Administration http://www.coldenfire.org/Mission.html
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE