Cochran GA Post Office
The post office in Cochran was completed in 1939 with funds provided by the Treasury Department. It is also the site of Ilse Erythropel’s bas relief sculpture, “The Little Farmer,” completed in 1940 with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts and viewable in the lobby.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/ http://www.savethepostoffice.com/node/9867
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE