Clemens Field, Hannibal, MO
Clemens Field was constructed after the previous park was destroyed in 1935 and has recently been renovated. It is currently home to the Hannibal Cavemen baseball team. It has been a minor league park for several teams and has seen the St. Louis Cardinals play there in the past. During WW II, it was a German prisoner of war camp. Rock for the walls that surround the field were obtained locally from the same quarry as the adjacent Admiral Coontz Armory.
Project originally submitted by Charles Swaney on August 6, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE