The historic Clearwater County Courthouse was constructed in 1937-8 with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a grant of $29,250 for the project, whose total cost was $90,358. Foss and Company of Fargo, N.D. designed the building, which was built by Hendenburg and Company.
The PWA Moderne-style building has since been remodeled and added to.
PWA Project Minn. [W]1196
Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 133.
https://www.mncourts.gov/Find-Courts/Clearwater/CourthouseHistory.aspx (accessed May 17, 2022)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish and Barbara Pendleton on May 17, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE