The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) conducted extensive development work in Grand Canyon National Park from 1933 to 1942. Among its trail development work, the CCC constructed the Clear Creek Trail, which connects North Kaibab Trail to Clear Creek to the east of Phantom Ranch.
The National Park Service’s CCC Walking Tour, discussing various CCC trail development projects, notes: “Even more ambitious was the nine-mile (14 km) Clear Creek Trail (1933-36) …”
CCC Walking Tour:
"The Civilian Conservation Corps: A Legacy Preserved at Grand Canyon Village," by the National Park Service.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 29, 2022.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE