Clairette School (former) Improvements – Dublin TX

Project type: ,
Started:
Completed:
Designers:
Quality of Information:
Status:
Site Survival:
View Project in a Separate Window

Description

Built in 1912, the two-story, native stone Clairette School building survives as a community center and polling place. In 1939, Works Progress Administration (WPA) built a separate gymnasium building and a star shaped fountain in front of the 1912 building.

The rock work on the flagpole, the water tank, and the retaining wall appear to be the same vintage as the fountain, but there is no reference to them being WPA projects.

Source notes

Early Texas Schools Text by Charles Lohrmann: (https://www.texashighways.com/recipes-breakfast/item/6425-early-texas-schools), accessed December 2, 2017.

Alexander Architectural Archives, University of Texas Libraries, The University of Texas at Austin: (http://www.lib.utexas.edu/taro/utaaa/00005/aaa-00005.html), accessed December 2, 2017.

Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on December 2, 2017.

We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.

Location Info

Click to open Map

Hwy 6
Dublin, TX

Location notes: 24 miles NW of Hico, Texas

Coordinates: 32.040940, -98.119107

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*