Lexington OK City Park
“City Park is located on S.E. 1st Street, between E. Broadway and E. Catalpa. This is a long, narrow park, with a creek running through it. At the south end of the park is a lovely wood gazebo and a covered bridge. Playground equipment and a pavilion draw residents to the park for community activities.
At the north end of the park, a low, native sandstone wall has been constructed on the west, north and east sides of the park. Construction of the park, and the stone walls was a WPA project, with allocated funds of $10,908 and was completed in 1935. This property is listed in the Oklahoma Landmark Inventory database.” (waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on March 25, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE