Downtown Lodi, circa 1925photo courtesy of The Lodi News-Sentinel
The city of Lodi and the WPA constructed and installed 15.8 miles of water mains, 101 fire hydrants, 8.8 miles of sanitary sewers and manholes, 12,230 feet of storm drains and manholes, catch basins. Almost every street and alley has been graded and oiled, 21.5 miles of curbs and gutters constructed, sludge disposal plant decanter constructed, Lockeford Street and School Street work finished.
"Final Street Job Starts Sept. 14. Lockeford and School (Street) work finished". Lodi News Sentinel, September 7, 1939, page 1. "Many Improvements made to City with WPA Assistance". Lodi News Sentinel, September 16, 1939, page 15. Submission by Suga Moriwaki, with the San Joaquin County Historical Society and Museum.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE